Sunday, August 20, 2017

Vineet's London-Europe Trip 2017 Day 5 ( Brussels)

9th June 2017
We moved towards Brussels today. It was past noon when we reached "Mini-Europe" in Brussels. As we had gotten late embarking,  when we entered the main building,  our group was nowhere to be seen! Not a single soul there except a worker outside. We looked frantically for an elevator or lift as we saw a huge flight of stairs right in front of us! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜• But NOTHING! No signs or boards either! We asked the worker about it but he said he had no idea. But he offered to help us carry Vin up the stairs in his wheelchair. But I thought it was Ridiculous!!  How can they not have a wheelchair accessible route in a place like "Mini-Europe"?!! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜’
 But we were already late and papa did not allow me to find out more and I forgot about it until when we had to go down the similar way after the tour. Again we carried Vin down the stairs. There must have been around 20 or more of them!
Although the tour inside was very wheelchair-friendly.


And today when I googled 'where is the wheelchair ramp in mini-europe brussels", this is what I got - http://www.minieurope.com/en/practical/faq/  I can't seem to find any maps directing towards mini-europe

Okay, so I finally found the wheelchair route into Mini- Europe. I wish I had checked this earlier, but even so, I find its very far and time-consuming. Especially for travellers like us who have very less time. It would have been simpler and easier to just put in a lift.Or at least they could have sign boards to lead us to the path. Here's the link - http://www.minieurope.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/plan_parking_6_eur.pdf

It reminds me that I have to put in an online complaint regarding this๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘
Grand Place, Brussels

In the evening we proceeded towards the Grand place which had cobbled streets and after going around for some time, we suddenly noticed that the tubeless,  rubberised wheels of Vin's wheelchair was getting ripped off!! It wasn't that bad,  but henceforth we took precaution .

And here is a short video I made of our stay in Belgium -



No comments:

Post a Comment