Monday, May 17, 2010

Vineet trying to learn swimming


All these years when we took Vin to the pool, he would simply float in his 'float'.If at all his papa tried to put him in water without the float, he would be very very scared. But this year he put on a lot of weight, and I thought its going to be very difficult to move him around. To add to this was the fact that his height was also not increasing. So I had made up my mind that this year it would be 'water-therapy' in the pool n not fooling around.I saw a few videos of 'hydrotherapy' on youtube n showed it to my husband.And when it was warm enough to go to the pool, Vin was taken in the water without his float.Just a pair of arm floats helped to drift him along and maintain the balance.Much to our surprise, Vin showed an inclination not to be scared of the water, n loved it when his papa taught him to use his hands for swimming!

There is also a video which you can view on youtube.The link is- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s03msXx43To

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I happen to see you blog thru Spina Bifida Central. I am a mother of a 12 yr old boy with SB and I just want to share to you our story, our own journey with our son Matt. We live in the Philippines. Like your son, he love swimming and he was able to swim by himself without floaters. He has no sensation from waist-down but he was able to succeed and we are so proud of him.

    All the best to Vineet!

    God bless!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, I'm so sorry for this late reply :( But as you can see, I'm visiting you blog everyday to be able to read all the lovely things you have written there:) Vineet is still very scared to go into the water without his floats..

      Delete
    2. Happy to get in touch and thanks so much for visiting my blog. We started Matt with a swim wear with a built-in floater. He doesn't want to wear the floater in his arms. I will send you a picture next time. Maybe Vineet would be more comfortable in those suits. Show him Matt's video while he's swimming. I'm sure he'll be inspired too!

      Delete
  2. This is the link to my blog... http://joysofamom.blogspot.com/2011/12/our-christmas-story.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this one today and I'm so touched by your story, although its very similar to mine.Have put in a comment there..pls go through it:)

    ReplyDelete